Inviting friends over for a social event? Swap the deep fried onion rings for this delicious raw alternative!
Spicy Dehydrated Onion Rings Recipe
8-10 medium onions, sliced into rings
1 cup of sunflower seeds, blended
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
½ onion, chopped
1/1 lime, juiced
¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
1 medium tomato, diced
1 tbsp of cardamom
1-2 tbsp of paprika
¼ cup of water
– Slice all 8-10 medium onions into rings. Break rings apart and place all loose pieces into a large mixing bowl.
– Place 1 cup of sunflower seeds into high speed blender with ¼ cup of water. Blend all ingredients until a paste-like texture is achieved.
– Add all other ingredients into high speed blender and mix until smooth. May add more spice for taste if required.
How to create the final masterpiece…
1) Pour the sauce over raw onions in mixing bowl.
2) Massage sauce onto onion rings and make sure all pieces are smothered in sauce.
3) Spread coated onion rings flat onto teflex sheets. Leave in dehydrator for 8hrs (overnight), then remove them from teflex sheet directly to the screen sheet. Dehydrate for another few hours until desired crunchiness is achieved.
4) Serve in casserole or chip bowl and garnish with Sriracha Sauce for taste.