Transforming, healing, and awakening is wild, messy, exhilarating, scary, and empowering.
You have no clue how things will unfold, but you are eager to experience what exists on the other side.
Running a business, living through a pandemic + mass riots, being pregnant, drinking sacred plant medicine, raising a family, having a spiritual awakening, grieving the loss of a loved one… all require a few key practices to navigate with grace.
The primary practices I’ve learned to utilize and rely on during the most challenging moments of my life have been the art of surrender, trust, and acceptance of what is.
Riding the waves of pregnancy and this pandemic are incredibly similar to experiencing a powerful sacred plant medicine journey…
So, here are those practices I’ve been learning to rely on recently:
- Once you are on the train, there is no getting off.
- You must cope with whatever arises with as much strength and grace as possible.
- You must learn how to let go of control and expectations.
- Learn to trust the process and accept each moment as it arises unless you want to suffer immensely.
- You must learn to stay centered, calm & curious in the midst of chaos and the great unknown.
- You must learn to love and trust yourself more than you thought possible.
- And most importantly, you must learn to choose love over fear.
I feel like my last 7 years of working extensively with Ayahuasca has prepared me extremely well for the humbling wild journey of becoming a parent and navigating the intensity of these times.
Many of you have been asking me if I’m afraid or overwhelmed thinking about ushering in a soul during this global upheaval.
I don’t have fear about this. I trust myself, my body, my community, and my spirit.
And I trust the divine timing of it all. I know everything will work out the way it’s supposed to for my ultimate expansion.
My only job is to get out of my own way and allow what is meant to be created and expressed bloom through me.
So, if you find yourself overwhelmed right now in the midst of deep transformation, take a few moments to pause and breathe.
You are not alone. Trust yourself and keep walking forward. The only way out is through. Feel all the feels and ask for support when you need it. I’ve been there and I’m with you!