Who doesn’t love popcorn – these Spicy Raw Cauliflower Popcorn are going to blow your mind. If you make them, invite me over please!
A key to this recipe is to get the cauliflower florets as small as possible. The smaller the better, this will produce the most crunchy result. The larger they are, the chewier they will be. Chewy can be tasty too, so it’s ok to have some variation in size.
2 heads of cauliflower
¾ -1 cup fresh dates (if using packaged dates soak for 1hr)
½ cup filtered water
2 tomatoes (or 1/4 cup dehydrated tomatoes if you have them – soaked for 1hr)
2 – 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons raw tahini
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1-2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
½ teaspoon turmeric
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces, cutting the florets as small as possible to get the crunchiest and most flavorful popcorn
- Place the ingredients for the spicy sauce in a blender and blend
- Mix the cauliflower and sauce in a bowl
- Place the spiced cauliflower florets onto dehydrator trays (no paraflex).
- Optional: Sprinkle a little sea salt or favorite herbs over top of your cauliflower.
- Dehydrate at 115 F for 12-15hrs hours. The longer you dehydrate the crunchier your cauliflower will get.
Photo credits: rawmanda.com